Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What dessert are you making for Thanksgiving 2?

Now that I've finished the 12 mini Sour Cream Apple Pies for Court Street Grocery, I can concentrate on making:

• Gingerbread, in squares. My daughter's favorite. Good to eat throughout the day while hanging in the kitchen watching others attend to the savory part of the meal. Also excellent with sharp Cheddar Cheese, or my neighbor's incredible homemade Chai tea, or even a bit of champagne! (Will make tonight or tomorrow a.m.)

• 2 mini Pecan Pies, mostly for one of my brother-in-laws. He was going to buy one, for God's sake! (Will make dough tonight, then prep, make up, and bake tomorrow a.m.)

• 1 Coconut Cake, soaked in coconut milk, with Cream Cheese Frosting. Dedicated to my Berkeley, CA, nieces and nephews. (Will make tonight and refrigerate.)

• possible: 1 or 2 mini Pumpkin Pies, if I have the time and can find the cardamon. My daughter's second favorite. (Will make dough tonight; filling and baking tomorrow a.m.)

• possible though not likely: NOTHCCC, if my daughter feels like making them! (Tonight, if at all.)

• Chocolate turkeys, for all my nieces, nephews, and second cousins once removed. Store-bought and beautiful. (Done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment