Friday, January 27, 2012

Checklist for making pie dough

When making your pie dough, are you:

1) prepping the ice water well in advance, so it's really good and cold...?
2) making sure you get your hands on it, literally, if you're using a food processor or stand mixer...? I like to mix my butter and flour with my new KitchenAide (hooray!), then pour those results into another bowl, and add the ice water by hand, mixing with a fork. Best of both worlds.
3) aware how much I love my new KitchenAide...?
4) rolling the dough from the center outward, not back and forth, over and over again, and overworking it (like I might have once done)...?
5) leaving enough dough allowance when you lay your circle in the pan so you're able to generously crimp or primp your edges...?

Good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment